The Permanent Committee of the International Conferences on Ephemeroptera
The Permanent Committee of the International Conferences on Ephemeroptera has two main functions:
- arrange for, facilitate and ensure the continuity of the International Conferences every 3-4 years, in principle together with the International Symposia on Plecoptera;
- use proceeds from investment of excess funds from International Conferences, and other donations, to financially assist deserving students of mayflies to attend the International Conferences on Ephemeroptera.
- Michel Sartori, Lausanne, Switzerland (chairman)
- Javier Alba-Tercedor, Granada, Spain (vice-chairman, head of the scholarship funds)
- John Brittain, Oslo, Norway
- Ian Campbell, Tabubil, Papua New Guinea
- Eduardo Dominguez, Tucuman, Argentina
- John Flannagan, Salt Spring Island, Canada
- Elda Gaino, Perugia, Italy
- Donna Giberson, Charlottetown, Canada (treasurer)
- Peter Grant, Weatherford, USA (secretary and editor of the Mayfly Newsletter)
- Peter Landolt, Zurich, Switzerland
- Tomas Soldán, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
- Arnold Staniczek, Stuttgart, Germany (webmaster of Ephemeroptera Galactica)
- Yasuhiro Takemon, Kyoto, Japan
Former Conferences and convenors
[Joint meetings with the International Symposia on Plecoptera marked by *]
1970 - Tallahassee, Florida, USA (William L. Peters)
1975 - Krakow, Poland (Ryszard Sowa)
1979 - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (John F. Flannagan)
1983 - Bechyne, Czechoslovakai (Vladimir Landa & Tomas Soldán)
1987* - Marysville, Victoria, Australia (Ian C. Campbell)
1989* - Granada, Spain (Javier Alba-Tercedor & Antonino Sanchez-Ortega)
1992 - Orono, Maine, USA (K. Elisabeth Gibbs)
1995* - Lausanne, Switzerland (Michel Sartori & Peter Landolt)
1998* - Tafi del Valle, Tucumán, Argentina (Eduardo Dominguez)
2001* - Perugia, Italy (Elda Gaino)
2004* - Flathead Lake, Montana, USA (Jack Stanford & Rick Hauer)
2008* - Stuttgart, Germany (Arnold Staniczek)
2012* - Wakayama, Japan (Yasuhiro Takemon)
In 2015, the 14th International Conference on Ephemeroptera will be held jointly with the 18th International Symposium on Plecoptera in Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.
Any donation you may do will help the committee to fund young scientists throughout the world to attend the next meeting in Scotland. Thank you in advance. Please, contact Donna Giberson, Treasurer, Department of Biology, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada, C1A 4P3 or email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your kind and generous support.
The International Conferences on Ephemeroptera and International Symposia on Plecoptera usually take place every three years. The next meetings will take place in Aberdeen, Scotland (2015) and in Aracruz, Espírito Santo State, Brazil (2018).
If you are considering the possibility of hosting the conference in 2021, please note the following.
Representatives from the International Conferences on Ephemeroptera and the International Society of Plecopterologists established a set of guidelines for submitting proposals to host the joint conferences. These guidelines are:
Preliminary proposals to host a conference may be submitted six years prior to the year of the proposed conference, but final vote on the conference site will not be made until three years prior to the actual conference date.
1. Proposals should be submitted at least one month prior to the conference during which the proposal will be officially presented.
2. A copy of the proposal should be sent to the chair of each committee
- International Conferences on Ephemeroptera: Michel Sartori (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- International Society of Plecopterologists: John Brittain (email@example.com)
3. Proposals should be submitted by e-mail. This facilitates distribution of the proposal to the members of the two committees.
4. Proposals should contain detailed information regarding plans to host the conference.
Contact either chair for additional information.